idverde is the leading provider of “green services” to local authorities and other public bodies in the UK. It has over a thousand employees nationally and is growing fast. Services provided include grounds maintenance in parks and open spaces, cleansing, and landscape construction.
JOB TITLE: Contract Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To manage the day to day running of the contract/contracts, encompassing contract performance, delivery of contract objectives, client relationships, people management, safety conformance and financial performance.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Contract Performance & Delivery
- To execute contracts to specification and budget, meeting the customers’ requirements and deadlines and exceeding expectations
- To utilise best, most economic and effective work practices
- To send Weekly progress reports to client
- To carry out PQMS checks with client
- Identify and execute opportunities for additional works
- Proactively manage all areas of delivery, in order to solve problems.
- Manage and plan work schedules for Staff on contract
- Identify areas of the contracts to improve performance.
- Update ACORN system and client portal
- Establish and maintain excellent client relationships
- Attend and act as an ambassador at client or related events
- To be prepared at Progress Meetings with clients
- To be approachable and responsive to the needs of your staff and minimise conflict
- To communicate effectively and confidently both on a one-to-one basis and in groups.
- To develop team work by effective communication and regular meetings
- To create a positive impression with clients, presenting a professional and proactive attitude
- To build strong, long term relationships with customers to ensure repeat and follow-on work
- To understand the benefits of the company’s complaints and Customer Contact procedures
- To have a good understanding of the Company, its history, business strategy, objectives and position in the market place
- To actively seek out new business and assess prospective contracts, passing information to the Business Development team as requested
- Manage the performance of all contract staff and assist in development.
- To give all members of your staff the opportunity to discuss their work, problems and aspirations.
- Recruitment and selection of all contract staff according to Company procedure
- Manage any employee relations issues, utilising support from HR, within the parameters of Company policies
- Create and manage a contract specific training plan and keep training records.
- Manage the payroll inputting process to ensure timely and accurate payment to staff
- Adhere to HR processes and procedures, including managing the use of the HR Software System such as timely updating of the system with starters/leavers details
- Ensure the various pre-employment and annual checks are completed according to requests from central functions
Quality, Health & Safety
To understand the law relating to Health & Safety and understand and implement the company’s Health & Safety policy
- To understand and implement risk assessments and COSSH
- To understand and work to agreed company procedures, in particular, operating within the Company quality system
- To be able to select the right machine for the purpose, understand the maintenance required and have systems in place to ensure maintenance takes place
- To show a rigorous concern for the security of company buildings, vehicles, machinery and materials
- To take ownership for contract depot/office site
- To ensure that all members of staff behave in a professional manner: wear the correct corporate clothing, keep vehicles and machinery clean and well maintained and that sites are kept clean and tidy at all times
- To understand and operate within the company’s financial procedures
- To regularly monitor progress and review cost and expenditure to ensure that programmes/budgets are met
- Manage according to budget
- Complete end of month financial performance sheets for submission to OD
- Track and solve any issues with regard to over expenditure and threats to budget
- Utilise IT across every facet of managing the contract
- Communicate with colleagues across the Group in order to share best practice and pool knowledge and resources
- Feedback and take an active part in any cross Group initiatives/project teams
- Constantly striving to improve and change to deliver best value
3. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (Define 2/3 main measurable performance outputs of the job i.e.: How will you know if the results have been achieved?)
- Complete all operational activities to contract schedule using contract route sheets.
- Keep all machinery and equipment breakdowns to a minimum by ensuring all company policies are followed regarding defect reporting and service scheduling
- Keep accidents and other H&S incidents to a minimum by implementing good working practices, training and adhering to company H&S policies
- Secure additional sales per annum at the agreed margin from external customers such as parish councils, businesses and the like.
4. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (These should describe only the essential skills and experience levels required to achieve the principal accountabilities of the job.)
- IT literate and ability to use various software packages.
- A good understanding of commercial awareness
- Full driving licence required
5. PERSONAL QUALITIES
- This role requires a driven person with an enquiring mind and a ‘can do’ outlook whom is keen to further develop commercial skills within the landscaping industry
- You will be a confident communicator with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- You will have the ability to work professionally, efficiently, structured and organized
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Articulate and persuasive when talking to others to convey information effectively
- High level of enthusiasm
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- An ability to plan ahead and manage time
- Ability to manage when faced with numerous time sensitive deadlines
Management have the right to change job descriptions in line with business need. This description is not exhaustive.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to the email address below quoting reference number RAF0002722. The covering letter should clearly state the skills and experiences you possess which are particularly relevant to the role.
idverde is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.