Office Administrator (Bromley)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide administrative support within the office setting. You will be jointly responsible for completing admin tasks in relation to HR, Finance and operations work based in Bromley
To act as the guardian of idverde’s Parks Development Team performance records. Collate all customer feedback, whether from Fix My Street or any other source, and keep an accurate log of all feedback. Inform, and chase, the idverde Manager responsible for addressing each issue; ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner and the outcome recorded. Keep records of idverde performance according to the customer satisfaction KPIs.
General Office Administration
Contribute to the smooth running of the office, including but not limited to:
- Answering the telephone in a courteous and timely manner.
- Open, distribute and deal with any post.
- Ensure that all visitors are treated in a pleasant, courteous and efficient manner and provide refreshments as and when required.
- Assist with the updating of all site notice boards.
- Help to arrange meetings, organise catering and take minutes as required.
- Ensure that office filing is maintained and records are archived correctly.
- Keep a diary or record of dates of meetings, training sessions, review dates etc. as required to assist managers.
- Collation of reports as and when required.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Adopt an uncompromising attitude towards resolution of customer complaints.
- Develop a first rate understanding of Fix My Street, and ensure that idverde’s ability to identify and resolve performance issues (as reported by the public) increases year on year
- Understand all other sources of customer feedback, whether from the Council’s central phone line or from verbal comment.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the parks and greenspace service and where it is delivered across London Borough of Bromley’s (LBB) green estate such that any complaints that do not relate to the parks and greenspace service can be forwarded to third parties/other contractors for timely action.
- Interact with the LBB client team in a professional manner.
- Support in working with Bromley Property Department on the cyclical maintenance and repairs of property and parks assets, reporting any issues to the Bromley Property Helpdesk.
- Develop supportive relationships with relevant Line Managers and understand their key priorities
- Develop a good network between all Administrators such that cover can be provided for all functions at any time
- Develop good relationships with staff in relevant idverde Head Office departments; such as Finance; Purchasing; HR; SHEQ etc.
- Communicate effectively with all staff at the Bromley contract to work as one team with a common set of objectives
PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- A positive and constructive attitude to the idverde Bromley contract and a willingness to embrace change and enthusiastically adopt new ways of working
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, keen to provide innovative solutions to problems as they arise
- Good communication skills, able to articulate what is required to people at all levels, whether verbally or in written form
- Confident and tenacious, determined to follow each task through to completion regardless of setbacks.
- A self-starter, who does not have to be asked twice, and takes responsibility for creating their own role in the business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong skills in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Skills in Customer Relationship Management or Helpdesk experience
- Demonstrable aptitude to utilise information technology including spreadsheets, email etc.