idverde (via its legacy company Quadron Services) has been providing grounds maintenance services to Paragon Community Housing Group, since July 2012.
The scope of work includes grass cutting, shrub, rose and hedge maintenance, litter collection, sweeping and clearance, landscape furniture maintenance and children’s playground inspection and maintenance for around 300 schemes in Elmbridge, Richmond upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames and surrounding boroughs.
Paragon’s residents were involved throughout the procurement process and it was clear that they valued high levels of service, regular scheduled visits by familiar teams and greater opportunities for residents to have meaningful input into the service they receive.
idverde has committed to work in partnership with Paragon to deliver a service that meets the needs of residents and which will be focussed on
- Encouraging greater resident involvement and feedback – our Resident Liaison Manager, Preeti Chatwal, will meet with residents and their representatives to gain feedback on the service;
- “Same Face, Same Day” work scheduling so that residents see the same teams on a regular basis, encouraging a rapport and feeling of security;
- “Time to Talk” encourages operatives to take time to talk about their work with residents;
- Employing locally and creating opportunities for apprentices and work placement schemes;
- Introducing innovative PDA/ smartphone based monitoring systems.
Our Resident Liaison Manager, Preeti Chatwal, visited each scheme during the first 12 months of the contract to understand the particular requirements of each location and gain feedback on what residents would like to see in future.
Induction sessions took place at the start of the contract, with staff receiving training on our Code of Conduct and high standards of customer care. Staff also received in-house small plant training from a Lantra instructor before commencing work to ensure all plant and equipment is operated safely.
We began to receive positive feedback from Paragon residents and Client Officers within days of contract commencement.
We have continued to work closely with Paragon and its residents over the course of the contract including carrying out many neighbourhood improvement projects and supporting Paragon’s annual ‘Stamp out Boredom’ campaign which provides activities to help young people have fun, learn new skills and work as a team. Recent activities have included redesigning a community garden and taking part in ecology tasks at Holland Park.
idverde looks forward to continuing its partnership with Paragon in the years to come.