Major earthworks, drainage and road construction project in preparation for a high quality private housing development.
The complex nature of the project required an innovative SUDs solution, and ground-breaking techniques for earthworks and landscaping profiling. Works included:
- Bulk earthworks in preparation for the installation of a drainage attenuation tank, involving excavation of 90,000m3 of material, most of which was re-used on site
- Formation of a concrete reinforced storm water attenuation tank: 40 metres wide, 70 metres long and 3.2 metres high
- Installation of 800mm diameter twin concrete storm water pipe to a depth of 6m, with installation of a hydrobreak before connecting it to the existing combined foul network
- Formation of all road box and pavement construction to the east of the road, where storm water swales were installed
- Installation of combined service trench at the west of the road for gas, electricity and water
- During the construction of the works we carried out bulk excavations to existing bankings and formed concrete retaining walls at the base of the banking to allow the formations of the road to pass along the bottom of the banking
- Foul drainage installation down to a depth of 8m throughout the site
- Mass tree clearance, involving mulching and tree felling
- Design, procurement and planning the new 225 diameter water supply through the existing neighbouring golf course up to the new housing development, at which point the pipeline had to be changed to barrier pipe to protect water supply due to the past use of the development.