Ecology and Biodiversity Services
idverde can provide a range of ecology and biodiversity services that are geared to your requirements as a client. Our expertise in green space management means that we can deliver advice on the ground, achieving practical benefits for the environment and wildlife.
We can offer a range of services, including habitat and species surveys (including extended Phase 1 and Phase 2 assessments). We also deliver practical services to complement our survey work; for example the identification and treatment of invasive plant species.
idverde can produce detailed management and maintenance plans for your site that take full account of biodiversity and deliver biodiversity gains, e.g. designing planting schemes that are of value to pollinating insects. We can provide targeted and clear management advice for specific species, as well as more general ‘site-wide’ guidance. The nature of our work as a green contractor means that we come into contact with biodiversity on a daily basis.
Our teams act in an environmentally sensitive way, and receive biodiversity training so that they can identify issues and act accordingly, e.g. the potential for nesting birds to be present.
Ecology and biodiversity services include:
- Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys
- Phase 2 Habitat surveys – National Vegetation Classification
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisals.
- Habitat Management and Enhancement Plans
- Survey for presence of invasive species and preparation of management plans
- Production of Biodiversity Action Plans
- Production of ecological toolbox talks for operatives
- Protected species surveys (bats, breeding birds, invertebrates, GCNs, reptiles)