idverde’s (trading as Quadron Services) contract with The London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham includes the maintenance of the five principal parks using Green Flag principles; the maintenance of 43 other parks, including sports pitches and horticultural features; maintenance of two working cemeteries; open space areas including housing sites; school grounds including sports pitches; cleansing of toilets and changing rooms and the inspection of playgrounds.
The London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham has a clear set of strategic priorities for their parks and open spaces which idverde will assist with achieving. The aim is to improve the quality of life for all people in Hammersmith and Fulham through the provision of award winning parks and open spaces that are clean, green, safe and sustainable, by;
- Protecting Hammersmith and Fulham’s existing parks and open spaces.
- Providing open spaces, play spaces and access to local biodiversity.
- Creating safe, attractive and accessible spaces for all.
- Improving the standard of management and maintenance.
- Actively involving the community in their local open spaces.
- Increasing participation in open spaces.
One of the innovative ways in which we are striving to achieve these objectives is by working in partnership with Groundwork, the Environment Regeneration Charity who provide training opportunities for the long-term unemployed. We provides the training ground for an average of twelve trainees at any one time in Hammersmith and Fulham and have taken on 16 of these into full time employment in recent years.