idverde provides a range of grounds maintenance services to Scottish Borders Housing Association (SBHA), at a range of SBHA-owned sites, including eight amenity housing sites and several offices.
Services idverde provides under the contract include
- Grass cutting and maintenance
- Hedges, roses, and shrub maintenance, including a full pruning programme
- The supply, planting and maintenance of plants into beds and borders, including weed control
- Litter picking where necessary, prior to cut
- Leaf collection
- Weed spraying
- Winter maintenance, including snow and ice removal from hard standing, and gritting of hard standing and access routes at amenity sites
Investment for New Contract
SBHA was keen to appoint a contractor who could demonstrate innovation, partnership working, excellent customer service, and deliver a high-quality service which offered value for money to SBHA and its Tenants.
idverde has committed to introducing its real-time work scheduling and reporting system, Acorn, which allows us to track real-time maintenance activities.
For the 2018 contract, we are replacing our fleet of vehicles and equipment with brand new machines. The company has also invested in the latest battery-powered technology to reduce emissions and noise, particularly in sensitive locations such as amenity sites where older and more vulnerable people are present.
Engaging with Tenants and the Community
Ongoing contract monitoring will be carried out with SBHA inspectors, as well as a programme of site improvements intended to improve communal outdoor spaces for the befit benefit of residents. idverde will also employ an apprentice on the contract, recruited from the local community where possible, and offer work placements to young people from the local area.