2014 saw the launch of the first TLG Photography Competition for members of staff throughout the company. The range of prizes on offer included a £200 High Street Voucher, Champagne and a Nexus 7 Tablet for 1st Place, £100 High Street Voucher and Kindle Fire HD for 2nd Place, £50 High Street Voucher for 3rd Place and 9 Highly Commended prizes of £25 High Street Vouchers.
Over 120 photographs were submitted by the 1st September deadline, to be put before the independent judging panel made up from the competition’s Headline Sponsors Motrak, National Windscreens and Volvo.
The judging panel included: Jane Kelly Account Development Manager for Volvo Car UK Limited; Roger Sherriff, Regional Sales Manager for National Windscreens and Paul Holdcroft, Head of Fleet Monitoring for Motrak.
Following the judges’ scrutiny of all the entries, the Top 3 winners were chosen:
1. Simon Moore, Grounds Maintenance Operative – Wiltshire with “Mowing Pitches in Summer”
2. Michael Bowler, Team Leader – Wiltshire with “Hardenhuish school grounds – Climbing in the wet weather”
3. Scott Green, Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Operative – Fenland with “Peacock Butterfly”
The 9 Highly Commended prizes went to:
• Terry Tucker, Team Leader – Sefton with “Winter Morning”
• Pat Nicholls, Contract Supervisor – Bromley with “A Misty Morning”
• Steve Woolf, General Manager – Warwick with “Is it a Tsunami mum?” “No children, it’s just a drop in the ocean.”
• Jaroslav Holek, Grounds Maintenance Operative – The Regent’s Park with “Morning’s Rainbow”
• Sandra Margevičiūtė, Team Leader – Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park with “California Poppies at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park”
• Sam Hart, Head Gardener – Hastings “The face of Summer in the park”
• Ryan Mills, Graduate Landscape Architect – Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park “Aquatic Centre at Dusk”
• Richard Berry, Landscape Maintenance Manager – Sefton “Southport Beach, June 2014 – Sunset over the shallow tide”
• Mike McCrea, Contract Supervisor – Stratford Park “The Big Freeze”
Winners were invited to TLG Head Office in Coventry on Thursday 16th October to receive their prizes. The 12 winning photos will now be turned into the first TLG Calendar.
Well done to all winners and everyone who submitted entries into this year’s competition – keep taking photographs ready for next year!
Thanks also go to the judging panel who took the time to carefully choose the Top 12 photos of the year.