About the role
We are currently looking to recruit a Yard Operative to join our team based in Northampton.
- To undertake works in connection with the issuing of Fencing material and the maintenance of stock levels, to include purchase requests and receiving of goods.
- To carry out deliveries and collection of materials to and from sites and suppliers.
- To ensure that all forward orders are picked and ready for distribution the following day
- To take delivery of goods delivered into idverde, with the use of forklifts where required. Ensure that goods are checked off in an accurate and timely manner and check for damages and quantity.
- Ensure materials are stored after deliveries in a FIFO order.
- To get materials ready for the following days issuing jobs, stacking and labelling to ensure that all outgoing teams are provided with the correct materials for the day’s work.
- Keep accurate stock levels.
- Detailed record keeping including FSC stock.
- Creation of purchase requests and recording goods inwards / outwards using Company processes.
- Ensure checks to verify stock levels for re-ordering are accurate and appropriate.
- Assist with stock checks monthly with the Operations Manager.
- Keep the Fencing yard clean and tidy at all times ensuring that the operational staff are putting the materials back in the correct place and that waste is placed in the correct skips.
- Ensure skips are emptied in a timely fashion.
- Occasional delivery of materials to sites.
- Act in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policy at all times.
- Support to other nursery departments when required.
- Excellent communicator – dealing with all parties professionally and representing idverde positively at all times.
- Well presented, punctual, well mannered and respectful to all.
- Self-managing and motivating.