About the role
We are currently looking to recruit two Grounds Maintenance Team Leaders who are keen to work and learn, be self-motivated, and be flexible to join our highly skilled and valued workforce based at Winchester.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Lead a designated team in the provision of grounds maintenance services throughout the Parks and Open Spaces of the borough of Bromley
- Work as part of the team to deliver a quality service to our clients and customers.
- Effective communication with your Team Leader, Supervisor, Manager and customers.
- Effective, reliable and responsible performance of work tasks.
- Create a positive impression with our customers and work to exceed their expectations, presenting a polite and responsible attitude at all times.
- Communicate with customers politely and professionally and accurately report customer comments to managers.
- Understand what the company does, promote the company wherever possible and feedback potential leads from sites and local press.
- Wear the correct corporate clothing and ensure vehicles and machinery are professionally presented and that sites are kept clean and tidy.
- Act in a professional and confident manner, accept responsibility and work effectively as part of the team to achieve results.
- Communicate effectively, keep managers informed, and listen and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Be efficient and organised, working to company systems, e.g. work programming software, HR software, rotas, etc. to ensure that contractual performance obligations are met.
- Read, understand and work to the company’s Health & Safety Policy and use correct PPE: high-viz vest, ear defenders, gloves etc.
- To ensure that any plant/equipment is used safely and only after suitable training has been given.
- To understand and work to risk assessments and COSHH assessments and to report accidents and near misses.
- To report any potential health & safety issues to your manager/supervisor or foreman.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience of working in the landscape/maintenance industry would be advantageous although full training would be provided
- Responsibilities would include grass cutting, strimming, blowing, sports pitch marking, pruning, bedding, litter picking, weed control
- Physically fit and able to perform manual tasks
- Able to identify issues in relation to the work at hand and take the relevant actions to resolve them.
- Valid Driver’s Licence is essential
- Professional attitude
- An approachable personality
- Enthusiastic and self-motivating
- Must be a team player as will be working alongside other operatives
- Effective communication with your client and customers
- Effective implementation of all Company policies and procedures