About the role
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Idverde are seeking an experienced Grounds Maintenance Supervisor with a proven track record in a similar role to join their busy vibrant team based at our Winchester operations office to support our existing teams and customers across the South Hampshire area.
The successful candidate will need to meet the following criteria, with aspirations to succeed and develop their own role:
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Able to liaise with management at all levels and provide sound technical advice/opinion when requested to do so.
- Ability to challenge clients with professional technical advice when required.
- The ability to train and guide others on horticultural and cleansing practices inclusive of Sports Turf Management, waste collection, and conservation management.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety, its enforcement, and ability to impart that knowledge to others inclusive of ROSPA playground inspection requirements.
- Wide knowledge of all grounds maintenance activities.
- The ability to manage others in the same environment including mechanics and mentor/develop apprentices.
As an individual you will be:
- Able to work to consistently high standards
- Professional attitude
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation
- An approachable personality
- Strong relationship building skills with clients and users
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible in approach to working hours
Salary will be dependent on experience.