idverde Bromley is looking to recruit an additional Fundraiser. Our Fundraising Team has a good track record of raising external funding to enhance the borough’s parks and open spaces, working in partnership with a diverse range of community groups, stakeholders and the London Borough of Bromley. If you are motivated, good at building strong working relationships, capable of developing robust and persuasive business cases and are willing to join a busy team, working on a number of diverse projects, then you could be the perfect fit.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work with the Fundraising Manager and Fundraiser to develop strong business cases and compelling proposals that are attractive to external funders.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager and Fundraiser to execute external funding applications for greenspace improvements. Deliver projects that meet set objectives, ensuring compliance to budgetary and financial procedures, legal, statutory and funder requirements.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager and Fundraiser to identify and advise General Managers and Community Managers, green space community groups and other partners on suitable grant funding streams.
- Help support Community Managers with their own grant identification, application and delivery so that Community Managers become skilled themselves at fundraising.
- Assist with the development of excellent working relationships with Community Groups and other partners across the Borough.
- Prepare and implement consultation opportunities with communities and stakeholders to identify local needs.
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of successful externally funded projects.
- Assist in organising fundraising events and publicity materials for both internal and external customers.
- Prepare training materials, organise and assist in delivering training opportunities for Community groups who wish to become proficient at local fundraising.
- Implement and maintain electronic and paper administrative systems for all fundraising activities and prepare regular update reports on fundraising progress.
Research and identify organisations that provide grant funding for green space projects and assist with continuing to build relationships with current supporters.
- Develop an understanding of good practice within the fundraising industry.
- Carry out other general administrative duties to support the Fundraising work programme.
- Assist with cover for the Fundraising Team, including Deputising for the Fundraising Manager as and when required; carry out other duties within the scope of the role to support the work of the Team including attending Community Meetings when needed.#
3. EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A Degree, preferably in a relevant discipline
- Experience of fundraising for social and/ environmental impact
- A minimum of one years’ experience working in a social or environmentally related organisation or sector.
- Ability to write strong persuasive proposals
- Experience in planning and managing projects successfully.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- A track record of successfully mentoring and supporting a range of stakeholders
- Evidence of good team working skills as well as self-motivation
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Comfortable in using IT in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Clean Driving Licence
- [Desirable] PRINCE2 or equivalent project management qualification
- [Desirable] An understanding of Local Authority governance
4. PERSONAL QUALITIES
- A passion for parks and open spaces, and respect for the people who value them
- High level of enthusiasm; a ‘can-do’ attitude, someone who is keen to provide innovative solutions to problems as they arise and is not deterred by setbacks
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm
- Friendly, positive and professional; able to engender trust and respect from Community Groups
- Strong relationship building skills; able to communicate effectively at all levels within the community
- A person who takes great pride in the quality of their work, who is highly organised with an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines under pressure
- Flexible approach to hours and workload