About the role
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for managing and administering the Bromley Parks events, concession, and delegated sports services with the assistance of the events & activities administrator
including but not limited to:
Events & Activities Management
- Be able and willing to work a five-day week including weekends during the Event season, reverting to Monday to Friday working out of season.
- It is expected on average that weekend attendance will be required for 12-16 events per annum, attendance will be shared with the Events & Activities Administrator.
- Administer, facilitate and manage the delivery of all types of events and park activities mainly using the existing event portal.
- Assess all event and concession applications in line with the processes of the existing event and with health and safety as the number one priority.
- Attend and lead internal and external event planning and de-brief meetings and update colleagues with information about scheduled activities
- Manage different types of concessions, fitness permits, and any other types of permits that fall within the existing council policy.
- Act as the first point of contact for delegated sports management. Ensure lease and license conditions are adhered to
- Ensure the safety of pitches is maintained and logbook by clubs is being up kept, identify over/underuse of pitches or where unauthorized play or other activities are being undertaken
- Obtain a copy of DSM’s Public Liability and other insurances and ensure it is current and the sums insured match lease/licenses
- Ensure park buildings in use by Delegated Sports Managers are maintained in line with their leases. Report any breaches of leases to the Client
Marketing and New Business
- Work with colleagues across the Bromley Parks contract to ensure that all social media platforms are utilized to their maximum potential.
- Identify new business opportunities and be comfortable writing tenders for new businesses.
- Produce marketing materials for all the contract’s needs (design support will be given from Head Office).
Financial and Commercial Management
- Ensure that all third-party contracts are entered into in full accordance with idverde’s authority levels and that a thorough evaluation of all commercial terms and conditions is carried out prior to providing any quotes or tenders.
- Manage all financial aspects of the events and activities including quoting, invoicing, deposits, expenditure, month-end reporting, and financial forecasting.
- Liaising with the other internal teams and external contractors to ensure remedial work is accurately priced such that costs can be recovered from the organizer.
Client, Stakeholder, and Customer Relationships
- Ensure that idverde is presented as a professional organization when attending any meetings with senior LBB officers or Elected Members.
- Establish excellent relationships with private sector customers so that repeat business can be secured
- Establish good relationships with Community Groups and stakeholders in the Borough, through the assistance of Community Managers, so that income generation projects are aligned with community priorities
- Engage with stakeholders to gather views and any objections to any events or concessions in line with the existing events and concessions process.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to set and deliver commercially and politically acceptable targets for sales and income generation.
- Line manage the Events & Activities administrator,
- Work closely with Community Managers to identify income-generating projects within their communities that would be most valued by, and acceptable, to the local community.
- Work closely with the Fundraising Manager so that the difference between grant funding and commercial funding is clear, and to maximize opportunities where commercial funding can unlock a greater value of grant funding.
- Communicate effectively with all staff across the Bromley contract to work as one team with a common set of objectives
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record in a busy event management role with previous experience of facilitating events.
- Experience of dealing with inquiries from the public and other stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages, particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Thorough knowledge of health & safety principles, roles, and responsibilities, particularly regarding the delivery of events.
- Full driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrable aptitude to utilize information technology including website management software
- Experience in the processing of purchase orders, payments, and commitments reporting to support accurate financial control would be advantageous
You are also required to undertake any other duties as and when required, commensurate with the level of the role.