Environmental Education Manager (Bromley - High Elms)
Environmental Education Manager (Bromley – High Elms)
Job reference number: RAF0005145
Who are we looking for?
idverde are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and engaging leader to manage our environmental education programmes at Bromley Environmental Education Centre at High Elms as well as other nature sites around Bromley for a period.
Who are we?
idverde is Europe’s leading provider of grounds maintenance services and landscape creation projects, with an annual turnover of €700m and over 7,000 colleagues operating throughout the UK, France, the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. We offer a holistic range of services to support the creation, maintenance and management of landscapes throughout the UK, working with both public and private sector clients to deliver bespoke solutions for each project’s unique challenges.
Bromley’s Environmental Education Centre at High Elms (BEECHE) is a place where people of all ages and backgrounds can pursue their interests in Science, Nature, Art, Philosophy, Literature and Music in an awe-inspiring landscape of woodlands, grasslands and ponds.
Are you who were looking for?
- Take ownership and pride in idverde Bromley’s Environmental Education and its associated resources including the Centre.
- Plan, prepare and deliver an environmental education service
- Teach practical ecology and field studies to a range of user groups aged between 4 and 19 years
- Implement and further develop the Business Plan, strategy and marketing including: education and training; events and room hire; The Shop at BEECHE, countryside skills training, sponsorship etc.
- Work closely with the Conservation & Education Development Manager to integrate the school’s education programme with other community activities.
- Develop a full understanding of the profit and loss account for the BEECHE
- Provide financial information to ensure all education or other services are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understand the law relating to Health & Safety and the Environment and observe the Company’s Integrated Management System.
- Do everything practically possible to ensure the safety of customers and visitors to the BEECHE
- Ensure that all events and activities carried out at the BEECHE are undertaken safely and effectively
- Ensure that all customer feedback is recorded, monitored and reported from whatever source.
- Network and participate in joint initiatives especially at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Line manage the BEECHE Instructor and the casual/visitor centre staff.
- Ensure that all staff have an annual Performance Development Review, a Development Plan, and access to training which will enhance their role
- On call & weekend working responsibilities
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience
- 25 Days holiday plus statutory days
- Pension scheme
- A range of flexible benefits, including Cycle to Work, retail discounts etc.
- Training and development aligned with your role
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, much more…
Position reference number: RAF0005145