About the role
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To coordinate the day to day running of the contract, encompassing the planning of works and managing the performance and delivery through area-based teams to the required contract specification. The role includes people management, health & safety conformance and assisting the Contract Manager where necessary to deliver the requirements of the Contract.
Contract Performance & Delivery
- To coordinate teams according to contract specifications and workload.
- To monitor work progress and performance, taking prompt action when needed and reporting any irregularities or problems to the Contract Manager.
- To create a positive impression and to foster a good working relationship and the environment with the workforce, Client and third parties.
- To liaise and work with Client officers at an appropriate level to meet expectations in relation to completed / outstanding /additional work.
- Maintain records of all tasks completed utilising the Acorn Job Management or other management systems
- Complete quotes for additional works as and when requested using contract rates.
- Participate in any joint quality inspections and attend weekly contract monitoring meetings as requested by client officers, where approved by the Contract Manager.
- Manage the performance of contract staff, through regular 121s, team meetings, activity briefings and toolbox talks.
- To give all direct reports the opportunity to discuss their work, challenges and aspirations.
- Manage any employee relations issues, utilising support from HR, within the parameters of Company policies.
- Adhere to HR processes and procedures.
- Ensure all HR matters are dealt with accordingly and passed to the Contract Manager if necessary.
- Monitor time and attendance and the collation and processing of timesheets for payroll.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Complete all grounds maintenance activities to contract specification using Acorn.
- Achieve a minimum of a “4” on the bi-annual QA report inclusive of on-site, storage and mess facility inspections.
- Keep all machinery and equipment breakdowns to a minimum.
- Keep accidents and other H&S incidents to a minimum by implementing good working practices, training and adhering to company H&S policies.
- Ensure HR processes and procedures are implemented.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- An experienced Supervisor with proven work experience in a similar role.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Able to liaise with management at all levels and provide sound technical advice/opinion when requested to do so.
- Ability to challenge clients with professional technical advice when required.
- The ability to train and guide others on horticultural and cleansing practices inclusive of Sports Turf Management, waste collection, and conservation management.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety, its enforcement and ability to impart that knowledge to others inclusive of ROSPA playground inspection requirements.
- Ideally qualified to IOSH & NVQ 2 level.
- Wide knowledge of all grounds maintenance activities.
- The ability to manage others in the same environment including mechanics and mentor/develop apprentices.
- Able to work to consistently high standards
- Professional attitude
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation
- An approachable personality
- Strong relationship building skills with clients and users
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible in approach to working hours