About the role
idverde – Arboriculture Supervisor
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Assist the Contract Manager with the day-to-day running of all additional works orders including extensive tree works.
Specific duties include the full range of tree related works, as well as planning the performance and delivery of additional works orders teams to the required specification. The post holder will be the main point of contact for the team, delegating work where appropriate and will be responsible for liaising with client officers to ensure targets are met. The individual will act as mentor to both Arb and GM apprentices.
Contract Performance & Delivery
- The successful candidate will use their extensive experience in arboriculture to specify and price works for existing and new clients.
- To co ordinate teams according to contract specifications and workload.
- To be able to fulfil a working role where there is additional demand on resources.
- To monitor work progress and performance, taking prompt action when needed and reporting any irregularities or problems directly to the Contract Manager.
- To create a positive impression and to foster a good working relationship and environment.
- To manage client officer expectations in relation to completed / outstanding/additional work.
- Maintain records of all tasks completed, for example, round sheets for planned works which fall under the post holders responsibility.
- Complete general quotes for additional works as and when requested.
- Participate in any joint quality inspections as requested by client officers.
- Assist in the completion of the contract strategic plan.
- Establish and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Attend and act as an ambassador at client or related events.
- To be approachable and responsive to the needs of your staff and minimize conflict.
- To communicate effectively and confidently both on a one-to-one basis and in groups.
- To develop team work by effective communication and regular meetings.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Met and exceed the Arb/VO teams financial targets increasing margin year on year.
2. Keep all machinery and equipment breakdowns to a minimum.
3. Recruit, train and retain staff suitable for roles.
4. Keep accidents and other H&S incidents to a minimum by implementing good working practices, training and adhering to company H&S policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Able to liaise with management at all levels and provide sound technical advice/opinion when requested to do so.
- Ability to challenge ideas when required to do so.
- The ability to train and guide others on Arboricultural practices.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety, its enforcement and ability to impart that knowledge on others.
- Ideally qualified to IOSH level.
- Wide knowledge of all grounds maintenance activities and related one off jobs..
- The ability to manage others in the same environment including mechanics and mentor/develop apprentices.
- A confident communicator with strong leadership qualities who can assist management in implementing Company Policies including full compliance of Health and Safety Procedures.
- The individual will have proven experience in commercial tree works with the ability to lead a team, ensuring all services are delivered to a high standard
- Professional attitude.
- High level of enthusiasm.
- An approachable personality.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills.
- An ability to works hands on when necessary.
- A full driver’s license is essential (B+E).