In addition to maintaining Teignbridge’s parks and open spaces, We have also committed to provide a range of value-added features to help improve the service. These include:
- Redeveloping the glasshouse facility at Cross Park nursery in Newton Abbot and make it available to the adjacent allotment holders, as well as to local schools and community groups. The first glasshouse was opened in Spring 2013 and we continue to develop the remaining three for use by the community and local business.
- An apprenticeship scheme to ensure the continuity of horticultural skills in the workforce, create job opportunities, and enhance sustainability within the local area.
- Provision of a dedicated early morning clean-up squad to deal with litter in busy areas.
- Working with charities and local organisations to provide training opportunities and assist with gaining funding and sponsorship for local projects.
- A green waste recycling scheme for green waste generated during grounds maintenance work.