idverde UK (trading as Quadron Services) was delighted to be awarded the contract for grounds maintenance for Paragon Community Housing Group, which commenced in July 2012 for an initial period of 5 years.
The scope of work includes grass cutting, shrub, rose and hedge maintenance, litter collection, sweeping and clearance, landscape furniture maintenance and playground inspection and maintenance for around 300 schemes in Elmbridge, Richmond upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames and surrounding boroughs.
We have committed to working in partnership with Paragon to deliver a service that meets the needs of residents and which will be focussed on
- Encouraging greater resident involvement and feedback, which will be achieved through our Resident Liaison Manager, Preeti Chatwal, who will liaise closely with residents and their representatives to understand their aspirations for the service;
- Scheduling work on the principle of “Same Face, Same Day” so that residents can expect to see the same teams on a regular basis, encouraging a rapport to be built between staff and residents and hence a greater feeling of security;
- Initiatives such as “Time to Talk”, which encourages operatives to take time to talk about their work with residents and a “right first time” approach, with staff empowered to perform small additional tasks to ensure sites are left clean and tidy each time;
Increasing the number of Estate Inspectors by providing training initiatives;
- Employing locally and creating opportunities for apprentices and work placement schemes;
- Introducing innovative PDA/smartphone based monitoring systems.
Quadron began to receive positive feedback from Paragon residents and Client Officers within days of contract commencement. The Sheltered Housing Manager for Richmond Churches Housing Trust commented, “The teams that we have been meeting with over the past few months seem really passionate about the work they do and being able to enrich the lives of residents.”
Stewart Smart, Assistant Director for Richmond upon Thames Churches Housing Trust added, “We have established excellent working relations and are working in partnership to improve grounds maintenance for our residents.”