idverde UK is committed to offering our employees the best possible training and personal development to help them succeed with their chosen career path.
We have developed a strategy of ‘growing our own’. This strategy is adopted for all levels of supervisory, management and leadership roles. We also sponsor employees who have the desire for self-development through gaining relevant qualifications. It is our approach to provide further education or skills training to all employees where appropriate and to actively encourage participation in these learning and development activities.
We have a number of initiatives that support our learning and development strategy:
- Full induction training – health and safety, customer care, use of machinery and vehicles, environmental awareness, company and client procedures
- Annual personal development reviews
Personal Development Plans which may include coaching and/or mentoring
- The “Plant your own Apprentice” scheme
- In house management training programmes for emerging, new and existing managers
- IOSH / NEBOSH qualifications
- NVQ Level 2 to 7 for apprentices through to senior management
- Support towards the attainment of professional qualifications such as CIPD, CIPS
We are constantly assessing the talent we have internally. For example, Supervisors, who are identified as having the potential to progress are placed on a bespoke development programme which may include:
- Enrolling on a course of study at an appropriate level
- Spending time at other contracts to broaden their experience of our business
- Providing coaching and mentoring intervention where appropriate
- Hands on involvement in diverse areas of the business that push and challenge the individuals thinking and skill set