idverde is the leading provider of “green services” to local authorities and other public bodies in the UK. It has over a thousand employees nationally and is growing fast. Services provided include grounds maintenance in parks and open spaces, cleansing, and landscape construction.
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Accountable for the analysis and management of ACORN (Works Programming System) into the Wiltshire area contracts, providing support for users and system maintenance. Act as an ambassador for development of the “idverde way of working”.
Assisting the Contract Managers in the preparation of monthly accounts (Green Sheets) including Invoicing, cost analysis, accruals and financial Forecasting.
Member of the Wiltshire area team, providing high quality Management Information (MI), technical and financial support and training for all regional systems and new systems development.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To manage and maintain the Works programming system in line with the company’s national systems strategy.
- To be responsible for training and support of operational systems users within the region(s).
- Key responsibility for migrating legacy works programming systems into the works programming system.
- To evaluate data feedback from mobile applications and work with the team to develop MI to provide meaningful information to Operational Management.
- To produce data supported reports for submission to customers
- Ensure users comply with reporting protocols following the completion of works
- Maintain performance dashboards to identify area progress against key matrixes.
- Liaison with Contract managers to ensure production of timely and reliable management information at month end, including variance analysis and reporting on contract performance.
- Liaison with Contract managers to ensure ongoing monitoring of budgets and forecasts, formulating and providing analysis of differences.
- Sales invoicing for the region.
- Liaison with Contract managers to ensure aged debt and accrued income management are reviewed on a regular basis.
- To support the wider operational team and assist in the production of financial reporting as required
- To support in a wide variety of administrative duties including HR, finance and document management, and any other tasks in order to support the management team and other administrators in the smooth running of the contract
- To liaise with existing and potential clients and internal departments in relation to system support, maintenance and development.
- Drive continuous improvement through the delivery of timely and meaningful MI
- Maintain local devices to ensure system functionality
- To be responsible for training and support of operational systems users within the Wiltshire area.
- Drives continuous improvement within the systems.
- An ambassador for maintaining business process standards in line with the “idverde way of working”
- To undertake other duties as directed by the Operations Manager
3. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- System analysis, configuration and maintenance of ACORN at the contract.
- Continuous support to users across the group.
- Systems application development and maintenance.
- Production of MI to operational Managers to support compliance with KPI’s
- Provision of performance data in support of financial claims.
- Production of accurate, timely and robust financial management accounts.
4. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High standards of written comprehension in relation to reading and understanding business documents (e.g. contract specifications)
- Demonstrable skills of compiling data from business documents for entry into database
- Demonstrable skills to write VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Understanding of database tables and relationship
- IT literacy skills and ability of a demonstrable high standard to use various packages, in particular Word, Excel and Access to an advanced level
- Highly numerate with an aptitude for financial analysis.
- Ability to detail and present information to the Operations Manager.
- Experience with mapping software (MapInfo, Q-GIS etc.).
5. PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Presentable appearance.
- Full driving licence required.
- Previous experience of training at all levels of a business
- Previous experience of grounds or facilities maintenance
Management has the right to change job descriptions in line with business needs. This description is not exhaustive.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter and up-to-date CV to the email address below quoting reference number RAF0002249. The covering letter should clearly state the skills and experiences you possess which are particularly relevant to the role.
idverde is an equal opportunities employer.