idverde is the UK and Europe’s leading grounds maintenance and landscape creation provider with a 100+ years track record of working with some of the UK’s largest commercial clients and public-sector organisations. After a very successful period of growth, through securing new contacts and acquiring businesses, we are looking for a driven, ambitious Communications and Content Manager to join our growing team to help positively grow the business.
1. Main Purpose of Job
The Communications and Content Manager’s primary role is to effectively communicate company messages, both literary and verbally. This candidate will have a dynamic personality, the ability to build professional relationships with internal and external customers, pay strong attention to detail, work under tight deadlines, and be self-motivated.
If you have substantive experience in communications and content creation, we would like to hear from you. This position may require occasional travel, and working outside of normal business hours may be required. The Communications and Content Manager will report to the Head of Marketing.
2. The Role
- Manage internal and external content production with key team members, departments and customers
- Write, edit and proof-read press releases, newsletters, blogs and marketing material copy
- Establish and leverage media relationships, respond to media requests and pitch relevant customer content to different media outlets
- Define and implement PR and Communication strategies to grow brand presence in existing and new market segments
- Research and develop both original content and generate thought leadership content
- Responsible for the reporting and presentation of idverde’s many CSR activities
- Creating a suite of case studies capturing our volunteering, public engagement and contract activity – promoting idverde’s social impact
- Commissioning any photography or video footage
- Creation and delivery of idverde’s newsletter ‘Growing Places’ and any other internal communication requirements
- Creation and submission of Awards
- Supporting sales and lead generation efforts
- Supporting in organising, running and participating in any idverde conferences and exhibitions
- Closely monitor all campaign activity, ensuring quality is as expected
- Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, and/or English qualification required
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience with 2-3 years of marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of various types of client content
- Strong proficiency in copy editing
- Knowledge of CMS (WordPress, etc.) and analytic tools (Google Analytics)
- Knowledge of email marketing tools (Mailchimp, Spotler, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred
- Ability to balance the creative and analytical sides of marketing, and ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Self-starter with proven experience in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects
- Team player with the ability to work in group settings to drive results
- Positive can-do attitude
- Proven ability to translate brand strategy into engaging content
3. Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £30,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week, Mon to Fri, flexible working available
- 22 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holidays
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Extra development opportunities
- Supportive, flexible and creative working environment
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Access to our idverde Benefits Hub
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Equal Opportunities: idverde provides equal opportunities irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, caste religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union or spent convictions.