We deliver grounds maintenance services on behalf of 45 local authorities, 20 housing associations, 600 schools, and 4 universities, as well as several high profile customers including The Regents Park, the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Manchester City FC and the V&A Museum. To give some idea of scale, across our UK operations we cut 60,000,000 m² of grass, prune 1,200,000 m² of shrub beds, and maintain 600 football pitches, amongst many other services!
Grounds maintenance operations are delivered from a network of 60 regional offices, by over 2300 staff in peak season, and overseen by a managerial and supervisory team in excess of 130 horticulture specialists.
Operations and specifications vary from contract to contract, but typically our grounds maintenance service includes:
- Cutting and edging of grass areas across a number of regimes such as ornamental, amenity, verge and conservation
- Pruning, weeding and cultivation of shrub beds, herbaceous borders and roses
- Maintenance of playing fields, recreation grounds, football and rugby pitches, and athletics facilities
- Planting and watering of annual bedding, hanging baskets, planters and carpet bedding
- Maintenance of fine turf facilities such as bowling greens, cricket squares, golf courses and grass tennis courts
- Cutting of ornamental, amenity and rural hedges
- Maintenance of hard surface sports facilities including skate parks, basketball courts, tennis courts, and other multi-use games areas
- Inspection, upkeep and repair of playgrounds
- Controlling weeds and moss on hard standing areas
- Snow clearance and grit application
- Maintenance of horticultural features within cemeteries, as well as burial and interment services
- Assisted gardening services for sheltered housing customers
- External cleansing of parks and open spaces, including litter picking, bin emptying and sweeping
We are proud to maintain 100 Green Flag accredited parks and green spaces, so our clients can feel confident that they have some of the highest quality green spaces in the country. Many of our clients’ green spaces have also been recognised with British Association of Landscape Industries Awards for their exemplary grounds maintenance, as well as many successes at the local and national ‘In Bloom’ awards.
A partnership approach is the hallmark of our grounds maintenance services. To idverde this means involving all stakeholders and ensuring that their interests are given full consideration. We work collaboratively with our clients to engage positively with local community organisations to deliver a customer focussed service that continually adapts to meet their evolving aspirations.