idverde operates a ‘clean and green’ service incorporating street cleansing and grounds maintenance. The contract covers a diverse range of services including:
- Grass cutting on verges
- Sports field maintenance (including football pitches, cricket tables, and a bowling green)
- Maintenance of formal gardens
- Grounds maintenance of OPD sites (older people developments)
- Maintenance of commons and conservation areas
- Emptying of several thousand street bins on a daily basis
- Street cleansing
- Maintenance of five cemeteries, including burials, cleaning of hard surfaces, treating and cleaning of seats and benches
idverde’s staff are split into mobile and static teams, covering five zones within the contract areas. High service level areas – such as Winchester city centre – benefit from a dedicated static team on location to ensure that streets and green spaces are continually kept to the high standards required.
A number of electric vehicles have replaced traditional vehicles to reduce carbon emissions, and a recycling facility is located near to the Winchester depot. Waste from horticultural sites is taken and reused as part of idverde’s recycling system.